DCC-12-PCB is the electronic infrastructure that fits inside the DCC-12-BOX and allows the connection of an EV charger to the main feeder of a panel without affecting the load calculation.
- Once connected inside the DCC-12-BOX, it works as a DCC-12: DCC does a real-time reading of the total power consumption of a home or condo electrical panel;
- It detects when the total power consumption of the main circuit breaker exceeds 80% and temporarily de-energizes the charger.
- When DCC detects that the total power consumption of the electrical panel is less than 80% for more than 15 minutes it automatically re-energizes the charger.
- DCC will only allow power to be delivered to the EV charger if the total demand of the panel is below its full capacity.
- Components needed to connect and power an EV charger.
Gen-3 of the DCC-12 has the ability to receive and transmit load shedding instructions from an external energy management system via a dry contact input and output.
Follow the same installation steps as for the DCC-12: